Performance Publishing is a small (but growing) automotive publishing company that is looking for an editorial assistant to work primarily across its two high street magazines, Complete Kit Car and Absolute Lotus. You’ll also contribute to other titles in our portfolio.
Being a micro publishing company, you won’t have to deal with layers of corporate bureaucracy, but you will need to muck-in with all kinds of tasks involved in the creation of 19 (and more…) publications per year. But don’t worry; we won’t ask you to do anything the boss wouldn’t do, and the role will give you plenty of opportunity to learn all kinds of useful skills.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be…
– Coming up with feature ideas for yourself and other contributors
– Writing features
– Tracking down news stories and writing them
– Maintaining communication within the industries we cover
– Subbing freelance copy
– Taking photos and selecting images for features
– Posting on our social media channels
– Signing off printer proofs
This is a full-time role based in our Grantham office, but you’ll also get out and about while gathering features and attending events. The usual hours are 9am to 5.30pm, but we’ll need flexibility around deadlines, photoshoots and events (including weekends).
The key skills you’ll need are…
– The ability to write well. And sometimes under pressure
– Photography (some natural ability is enough to start with, you can learn as you go)
– A good handle on grammar and punctuation – the more pedantic the better
– Planning and organisational skills
But just as important is your attitude: we want you to be motivated, enjoy work and come up with ideas. You’ll work closely with our editors, graphic designer and advertising manager, liaising with them all to make every issue the very best it can be.
We want to see your…
– Two feature ideas for each magazine (just a title and couple of sentences about each)
– An example of your previous writing (up to 500 words)
Send it all to Adam Wilkins on email@example.com
Performance Publishing Ltd, Unit 3 Site 4 Alma Park Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG31 9SE. T: 01476 978843