October 2021 issue
Order yours for delivery to your door by clicking here
- Tipo 184 – First look at the Mazda MX-5 based single-seater
- NG TC V8 – Traditional tourer with lots of one-off detailing
- Avante – Classic Volkswagen kit updated with Subaru power
- Retro Round-Up – More forgotten kit cars of yesteryear recalled
- Rochdale Olympic restoration – Classic kit car rejuvenated
- E10 fuel – What’s the threat, and what can you do about it?
- Ignition – How it works
…and much more!
The Tipo 184 from Dowsetts Classic Cars is inspired by the Alfa Romeo replica built by Ant Anstead for the Master Mechanics TV show. The kit version is based on the Mazda MX-5 and has its own race series in 2022, with a road-going version to come. Jack Wood has the full story.
How many differences can you spot between this and a regular NG TC V8? Chris Hollier has applied decades of experience to this build, which features lots of one-off detailing.
This recently completed Avante has been modernised with Subaru power and double wishbone suspension, addressing some of the elements that date Volkswagen Beetle based kit cars.
This Rochdale GT languished unrestored for a decade. Now it has been given a thorough makeover, adding modern improvements but maintaining the classic appearance. See how it was done in our October issue.
What’s the threat posed by E10 fuel, and what do you need to do about it? Peter Rosenthal has all the details to ensure your kit car doesn’t fall foul of the pitfalls.